Sunday, August 24, 2008

New Approach ---gonna try out from tomorrow onwards

Hm..today is the last day for my mentor,Mr J.. in the company. I really enjoy working under his supervision. His advice will never be forgotten...in my life.
Besides sharing of his technical knowledge, i found out that a mentor (particularly a good one) should be someone who can give good advice and ensure good values are followed / picked up along with day-to-day working life.

A good mentor sometimes mold the character of his/her mentee under his/her supervision...though this is not the time for me to judge myself in term of good values / perception about working and living...i do believe that under mr J.. supervision, i am heading to a great future....time will proof everything!!

I feel grateful to have someone like him as my mentor and deep in my heart i wish him good health,wealth and happy life. One day we shall meet again.....

So, from tomorrow onwards, i need to start my plan for myself.....but still keeping in my mind that i need to be more patient as i am still waiting for my engineernig director to get me working in the commissing or construction team. But that doesnt mean that i will sit and wait...i have laid out a short plan from now until the delivery of the vessel...

1) Study the operation manuals for the vessel ( trying to master as much as possible about the fuction of some system of the vessel...if will serve as a basic for designing the system in future)
2) Going down to yard to See, Feel, Touch the equipments. This is the real engineer job...i really look forward .....
3) Provide Engineering support to the the project team

" Keep Sailing dont Saddle.."

No comments: