Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meaning of CNY...become clearer for the 1st time

26 Jan 09 is getting closer and now it is over....

I started to count down to the day which i will never miss ( for the pass 26 years) but this year it is abit different. After many times of delay, i am prepared to not to able to celebrate CNY at home with my family members. I thought that i can handle the feeling of not going back home for CNY just like the other public holidays that i spent working in 2008 but again i might be wrong...

A week after sailing, i start to put a cross on my calender at the end of everyday. The initial sailing which expected to take only about 21 days is delayed due to some unforseen reasons, like stopping for overhauling the main engine, waiting for spareparts for the main engine at Mauritius etc etc...

The unforseen delay has made the journey to become about 29 days ( expected arrival date in Capetown is on 2Feb afternoon). Now that i am totally missed the CNY though i might still be in A/S around 7 Feb (Sat)if everything go smoothly...

On the CNY eve, browsing through my facebook, knowing that all my friends are on their way back to hometown / preparing for their reunion dinner / lunch make me feel homesick but that was only for a temporary moment...as i was quite busy with lots of work on board the vessel...which keep me mind away from thinking of CNY celebration.
At about 8pm ( vessel time) around 12 midnight ( M'sia time)after finished the evening meeting, i immediately made a phone call back to my home. Speaking to my sisters, brother , my mum and dad i can feel that they also miss me very much ...since this is the 1st time i didnt spend my CNY at home...you just feel like something is missing and you dont know what to do during that time except making phone call to friends...

The night, i finallly realise the meaning of CNY to me...it is not about the spring cleaning/preparation feeling anymore ( which i enjoyed most in the past)before the CNY. It is the feeling of seeing getting together with my family members. The feeling of seeing them all happy and healthy give the most satisfaction to me..now i finally know that.....:)

Anyway, i never feel regret to go sailing with the vessel as i did learnt lots of thing which will be helpful to my carrier in years to come...final count down 5 days to Capetown and i will spend another 2 nights stay travelling in capetown before flying back to Office in Singapore before headed home on Friday night ( 6th Feb 09). Hopefully everything go smoothly and i safety reach home on 7 Feb 09.

Happy CNY to all my friends!

No comments: